Mi perro, Lulu
1. Imagine a long, tiring day at work. The traffic that you have to get through, works that you take home, bad rapport from your boss. And on the front door, you have this thing that when it sees you, it seems for them, there is nothing else more important in this life, than you. Then she jumps at you and kisses your face. Any bad day can be forgotten after.
2. Dogs are men’s best friend. That is so true. Take yours anywhere, guarantee that there will be somebody who stops to pet your dog. ( Lulu has been petted, taken photo with and hugged). This is actually a good way for social ice-breaker. I get to know lots of new people, thanks to Lulu.
3. The glue that sticks your family together. There’s nothing best than to take care of something together. When I’m away, my mom often texts me, gives me report about Lulu’s daily activities (which I find hilarious, because she wasn’t really fond of pets the first day Lulu came). Or when she’s sick, my dad texts me to tell me to get home soon. I find this very heart-warming.
4. Learn about responsibility. Once you get a pet, any kind of, you must remember that their life depend on you. See point one, that’s true, for them you are their world. You are responsible to make them happy (take them for a morning walk), feel rewarded (give them biscuits), care for them (don’t forget the monthly medicine, bath them regularly), comfort them (make sure their cages are warm enough, but not too damp).
5. Have you seen Red Dog? Hachiko? Marley and Me? Bolt? Rin Tin Tin? Old Yeller? I bet you never see a movie like those with cats in it, or fishes, or snakes. (well, Babe has pig in it, but talking pig doesn’t count), my point is there is not many animal that can touch you in the heart. (Maybe dolphins do, but we’re not mermaid aren’t we?) We, human being, are blessed with dogs in our lifetime. 🙂